babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Prenatal appointment and getting nervous

I had a DR appointment on Wednesday and it was pretty much uneventful - except for the 5 LBS I GAINED....ugh. The nurse said I was fine since I've only gained 19 lbs so far but still. I think that's a lot in one month; especially since I've got 9 weeks left to go. Anyway...I've graduated to appointments every two weeks and that's got me super duper nervous.

I've been slowly getting things ready but now I feel the time crunch :) I've ordered new tubing, valves, etc for my breast pump, the baby's bedding came in today (YIPPEE) and we're going to order the baby furniture on Sunday and paint during Labor Day weekend. The swing and bouncy seat are out; we just need to bring them downstairs. I still don't know if I'm going to put up the Pack N Play to change the baby's diaper. Bret's toy box / toys have kind of taken over that space. I still need to wash the carseat positioner / Bundle Me-thingy and wipe down the carseat itself. Which reminds me....I need to look for the base.

Nesting has started. I've been itching to wash all the baby's 0-3 months clothes and start hanging stuff up. I'm pretty proud of the diaper supply we've got going. I would buy a pack of diapers for baby #2 every other time I had to buy some for Bret. So far, we're in good shape. I keep reminding myself to make appointments to have our duct work and carpet cleaned before October 15th. I HAVE TO MAKE THOSE APPOINTMENTS NEXT WEEK. I've contacted the lady who did Bret's birth announcement and hopefully she'll do baby #2's also.

After going through everything, this baby is going to need more burp clothes and a cool-mist humidifier (since we only have one for Bret). I need to stack up on breast pads, milk storage bags, comfy pj's and cotton grandma-ish undies for the first few weeks of recovery (I know, TMI). What I am PRAYING for is patience - and lots of it - after the baby is born. I just don't want to be too tired and overwhelmed at first and then take it out on Bret by having a short temper with him. He won't understand and I don't want to hurt his feelings :( I think that's my biggest worry right now. I hope baby #2 isn't jaundice like Bret was because I'd like to spend only one night in the hospital. I remember really disliking the food and not sleeping in my own bed. Plus it's annoying when you're trying to sleep and the nurses wake you up to check on you. Labor and delivery doesn't have me too nervous. I had a WONDERFUL experience with Bret and am hoping to repeat that this time around.

Jason and I were talking today about how excited/nervous we are to see baby #2. I just can't wait to know what he looks like!! Bret has been kissing my belly a lot. I've been trying to put his hand on my belly whenever I feel movement. He just rubs my belly and then plays w/ his toys. It's so adorable. I hope that Bret and baby #2 are close and loving brothers. *sniff sniff*

1 comment:

AJ said...

I know what you mean about rushing to feel prepared, I think it's just a pre-baby thing. I totally have it too. When my mom and sister were here last weekend, they helped me get some stuff out to wash up for this baby. But I still have a lot to do. I need to make a list!

Don't worry about the five pounds, if you're only up to 19 you're doing great. I have 5 more weeks left, and I've gained 31 lbs already, but the last 3 weeks have slowed way down for the weight gaining. Most of my books say that the weight gaining slows down somewhere in the 8th month.