babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Anniversaries and such

Firstly, I want to say happy anniversary to Jason. It's been 4 fun-filled, trying, crazy and wonderful years. Love you, babe. We kind of cheated this year.....Every anniversary we order a sample of our wedding cake (white w/ strawberry filling and devil's food w/ raspberry filling; two separate cakes). Well, Bret and I were out yesterday and I decided to pick up the cakes a day early.....Needless to say, half of the two cakes are already gone. YUM!

We bought Bret an Exersaucer (Baby Einstein Discovery) and I think that he's still a tiny bit too young for it. When I put him in it, I have to put a little blanket behind him so that his arms can reach the toys. He looks at each toy and smiles; touches them but really doesn't know what to do yet. He seems to like it but has a short attention span. Plus, he's still a little bit wobbly while sitting / trying to stand in the seat. When did your kids start to really engage in toys like that?

Not too much planned for the rest of the week. As far as I know Sunday is the only day that's really planned for stuff. I have a bridal shower to go to in the Detroit area. Jason and Bret are coming with me to hang out at my aunt's house while the girls do their thing. At least it's going to be decent outside! Yay :)

We're in the process of planning Bret's baptism. It's unofficially scheduled for April 6. I've always wanted his outfit to be made out of my wedding dress. Do I go to a tailor for something like that? I don't even know who to contact and time is running out. Maybe that's something I can look into over the weekend.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary. What a great idea to order a sample of the wedding cake every year.

I can't remember exactly when the girls enjoyed the exercauser and started engaging, but I started putting them in it around 3 months or so. They wouldn't stay in it long, but it mixed up the day and gave them something else to look at.

alanna rose said...

That's exactly what I want to do with my wedding dress - I think I found a seamstress to make a gown for me, but I'm not sure - let me know what you find out.

Happy Anniversary!

Danielle Michelle said...

D - my mom does that stuff. If you want I'll ask her and I'm sure she has pics of the stuff she's done for others. She's pretty good. People have had her do wedding stuff and whatnot in the past.. She's in B'ham.
e-mail me