babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Infant vitamins

After reading several books on vaccinations and stuff and since Bret is starting his immunization schedule in March I have a question - Where can I find infant vitamins?

The reason why I ask is because one of the books I read, "What Your Doctor Won't Tell You about Children's Vaccinations", suggested that vitamins A (cod liver oil) and C be given before and after shots to decrease any reactions (the A) and increase their ability to flush out any toxins (the C).

I found information that they are both safe for infants to take, but I just can't find where to get them. I'm assuming at a vitamin store or whole food store. GNC, maybe?

6 comments:

AJ said...

Hmmm, I haven't bought those before, maybe call Walgreens or CVS??

Erika said...

we had to put alex on vitamins early on because he couldn't drink normal formula. we got an actual prescription from our pediatrician. check with your doctor. the pharmacy would be able to help you with dosing. For the cod liver oil, whole foods markets have that for sure. i just saw some today, in fact. they have other vitamins as well.

Kara said...

I haven't boughten those either. But I do give trivysol which can be found at Walgreens. It is made by Enfamil. I believe it has A in it for sure.

alanna rose said...

If you can get a RX for vitamins you can save a few bucks - I spend less than $2 for a ninety day supply of my Rx vitamins.

Anonymous said...

I've never bought them before. Maybe I will try them for Chase, too.

rae rae said...

I think Rx is a good thing to check out - esp. to ensure correct dosage. Never considered for C before (but maybe I should have!!)