A few things:
I've done a ton of reasearch on the shots that Bret is going to get within the next 6 months (he's going to get two every month). Going back to the lesser of the two evils:
HIB: Pedvax - unfortunately, I was just informed that Bret's DR doesn't have it, but has ActHib instead....Not happy because ActHib has to be diluted with something (it comes in powder form).
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/pedvax_hib/pedvax_pi.pdf
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/ActHIB.pdf
IPV (Polio): IPOL
http://www.vaxserve.com/views/PDF/IPOL_4927_11.05.pdf
DTaP: Daptacel
http://www.fda.gov/cber/label/dtapsan110806LB.pdf
There is a vaccine INFANIX - try not to use it if your pediatrician offers something else because it has polysorbate 80 (or TWEEN 80) in it that has been linked to infertility in mice and "can cause severe nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions". Basically swelling and suffocation.
Varicella (Chicken pox): Varivax
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/varivax/varivax_pi.pdf
Pneumococcal (PCV): Prevnar
http://www.wyeth.com/content/ShowLabeling.asp?id=134
I'm still looking for information on hep B and MMR (separate shots). The links are to their respective information sheets. It's scary to know what is in these vaccines. You don't have to be a biochemist to know that injecting amounts of heavy metals (like aluminum) can not be healthy!! However, it's more frightening to not vaccinate, in my opinion. I'm also going to make sure that he doesn't get combination vaccines. Just so you know - each vaccine is a 0.5mL dose. Anything more than that in the syringe is a combo vaccine.
I had a 2-hour glucose test done about 4 weeks ago to make sure that the gestational diabetes went away and didn't develop into full-blown diabetes. It didn't - thankfully. All the numbers are normal. Also, I had my thyroid checked and the DR said that everything looks good. I don't have to see him until next year! Yay.
Does anyone watch "No Reservations - Anthony Bourdain" on the Travel Channel??? He's a chef that travels to other countries. On February 25th, he'll be in Romania! If you want to see a bit of my heritage, then watch that episode at 10pm!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Jason and I watch that show every Monday night. :) I'll be thinking of you when we watch!
Good job with your vaccine research. I really wish I had done more. I agree that it is scarier not to vaccinate, but it definitely helps to be informed and get a schedule that's best for Bret.
You are good with the vaccines! Noah had Pediarix, that combined a couple of them, not sure which ones off the top of my head though.
I'm so confused about vaccinations. I'll have to read your info, it'll probably scare me to death, but like you and Erika I think it's a lot scarier to not vaccinate.
I'm a huge fan of Anthony! I'll be sure to watch!
I too do lots of research with vaccines. I didn't alter the girls schedule too much, but have decided to delay a few shots. I am still not sure how I plan on altering the new baby's schedule, but I will probably follow a similar schedule to that of the twins.
Post a Comment